Yesterday, while Trump’s golfing buddy and fellow Epstein confederate Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was hauled off to the clink, and his South Korean admirer, ex-President Yoon Suk Yeol, was being sent away for life for his version of January 6, our unincarcerated president was throwing a party for himself. The party was billed as the first meeting of the “Board of Peace” — his ersatz pay-for-play version of the United Nations.
Instead of a general assembly, whose members are admitted by a two-thirds vote of all the other countries of the world, the 22 members of the BOP so far—most of which are dictatorships or countries with abysmal human-rights records, including Saudi Arabia, El Salvador, Uzbekistan, and Israel—bought permanent membership at $1 billion each, with the destination of the money unknown. Instead of a secretary-general elected by a Security Council, it is headed by Trump, who is eligible under the charter he wrote to serve as chairman-for-life. Fittingly, the inaugural meeting was held at the “Donald J. Trump United States Institute of Peace,” a building his goons seized at gunpoint during the heady days of DOGE, then renamed for himself, as he is doing to institutions all over the capital, in the style of dictators from Saparmurat Niyazov to Rafael Trujillo.
He also banged the meeting to a close with a gold-painted gavel. I hate it here.
Subscribe to The Racket—free to start reading, paid to keep it going.
The meeting itself was a macabre joke, focused mainly on the plan by Trump, Steve Witkoff, and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner to raze what is left of Gaza and turn it into Atlantic City with concentration camps. (Not to be confused with the administration’s $45 billion plan to build warehouse concentration camps here at home.) “The coastline alone [is worth] $50 billion on a conservative basis!” Marc Rowan, the billionaire CEO of Apollo Global Management, enthused.
Member states pledged $6.5 billion for the effort, an impressive amount on paper, though a) those are merely pledges, b) where or to whom the money would go remains totally unclear, and c) is a drop in the bucket of the $70 billion the actual U.N. says is needed to rebuild after two years of Israeli destruction. Trump also promised an additional $10 billion from the U.S., but Congress has not approved that money, and seemingly no one reached by the press for further details had any idea what he was talking about.2
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu—who is struggling to hold together his coalition between factions who think there’s been enough genocide already and those who are champing at the bit to reopen the floodgates—chose not to attend, sending Foreign Minister Gideon Saar in his place. (He used the occasion to say nothing of interest.) This is key: It is not clear the extent to which the Israeli government has bought into the plan. Without that buy-in—not to mention that of a significant portion of the Palestinian people in Gaza, who are not involved in the real-estate negotiations at all—the plan would be impossible to carry out. In which case, any money actually delivered from the conference would be effectively a pump-and-dump scheme.
Meantime the Chairman-for-Life of Peace is openly threatening another war of choice against Iran. Sean Hannity says it’s to stop Iran’s nuclear program — you know, the one Trump previously claimed he’d obliterated in his last preemptive war. (Racket readers know better.) Or maybe it’s to support the protests that ended weeks ago after the Iranian regime already brutally crushed them. Or — who knows! The point is that the USS Gerald R. Ford—the same nuclear aircraft carrier group we used to kidnap Venezuela’s president in January—needs something to do.
Here in the Western Hemisphere, Trump has launched a new blockade of Cuba (fans of 1960s history know how fun those can be). He also slipped a couple of warships into Haiti’s Bay of Port-au-Prince, including the guided-missile destroyer USS Stockdale1, to underline the State Department’s demand …
Upgrade to Premium to read the rest.
Become a paying subscriber to The Racket to get access to this post and other subscriber-only content.
UpgradeA subscription gets you:
- Get exclusive posts available only to premium subscribers
- Full access to archived issues since 2019
- Behind the scenes insights and first looks at Jonathan's upcoming projects
- Keep independent journalism alive. Don't let the bastards get us down.

